Monday, March 16, 2009

Glass Tile Pendants

It's been quite a while since I posted. I've been busy with work and family!

I wanted to share one thing I worked on this past week. I teach a group of 16 to 18 year-old girls at our church, and we have an activity each Wednesday night. This past Wednesday, we made glass tile pendants. I first found this idea, and a great tutorial at Trey and Lucy.


I thought they were adorable, and decided to make some! Mine are a little different from the tutorial, in that I decided to add a monogram to personalize them a little. Some of the girls at church put words on theirs, such as "ctr", which stands for "Choose the Right." I wish I had thought to take pictures of that one!


These have really been a hit! I wore mine to school last week, and several of the other teachers asked me about them. They thought they would make great gifts.

Now, back to my other projects around the house!

5 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, I really like this idea! They turned out so cute! Love the initials. Thank you for sharing where to get the tutorial. :)

Michelle said...

Those pendants are so cute. Did you find the tiles locally or did you buy them online?

Jennifer said...

Thank you! I bought them online from and Etsy shop. You can find the link in the original post at Trey and Lucy.

K said...

Those are so very cute! I know a bunch of girls who would enjoy making pendants, along with this one. :-)
Blessings!

Kristen said...

I saw that tutorial on her blog and I've been wanting to make them...might be cute thing to do for an Enrichment night I think! Or I might just make a bunch for me! Glad to see someone else made them successfully.