I'm redecorating my son's room, and one of the things I did was get him a bigger bed to replace his twin captain's bed. Of course, that meant I had to move furniture around. Where the captain's bed had been, I was left with those lovely dents in the carpet where the fibers had been compressed for so long.So I tried a few tricks to get rid of them. I have used the ice cube trick before, and it works really well on small, round indentions that chairs or table legs leave behind. You just place an ice cube in the indention, wait for it to melt, and then use a towel to fluff up the damp fibers. Vacuum over the area to really get those fibers standing up.

The captain's bed left such a large indention, that the ice cube trick didn't work as well. I suppose I didn't use enough ice cubes! Using a steam iron works better for these larger areas. Just lay a towel or t-shirt over the area, and let the steam penetrate the towel. The fibers should stand back up. Then just brush over them with your hand or vacuum. Almost as good as new!
For more great tips, visit the WFMW party at We Are That Family.

4 comments:
What a great tip! Now I need one for getting scratches out of my hardwood floors. :)
Wow! That's a great tip! I am going to give it a try tomorrow. There's a huge indent in my daughter's room that I just can't get out. Thanks! Oh, and thanks for coming by my blog! :)
Hi, I found your blog through another friend's blog. I like your idea of steaming or ice cubes. Will have to try that sometime.
This is a great idea! We just moved an entertainment center, so your timing is perfect!
Post a Comment